I follow Derek Sivers' "Why my code and ideas are public" path of sharing ideas and code with everyone. These are mine. No ideas of someone else. No ideas I collaborate. Just my personal ideas. I think it doesn't matter that someone has ideas (online) rather than how the ideas are implemented to the (online) world. Even if this means that someone did the same before.
- (Software) Ideas Pitcher: A website, where everyone can pitch ideas. Not for own projects, but rather, for example, a new feature in an existing project, or an idea for a complete software project that does not already exist. Like this list of ideas, but with a voting function and a Challenge Accepted-Button for software developer. It's like a pre-stage of Kickstarter. You do not promote your already ongoing idea to get users, like the projects on Kickstarter. You promote an idea of a product or software you would like to use. Like ProductHunt but without a product, just for ideas. You have an idea for something useful but you don't have the skills, the money, or the motivation to execute the idea. Such a website cannot only apply for software. It could be for anything. Maybe you could even just use a separate Subreddit for this.
- Word Consistent Checker: Like a spell checker. Not using a dictionary from a pre-defined word list. The dictionary is build by words of all files you want to check. Example use case: read all words of all posts of a blog and find permutations of each word. For example, cannot can also be written as can not. Maybe you want to stick to one specific style through the whole blog.
- PHP library for maintaining IP-whitelists. For example you want to whitelist 192.168.0.0/24 and check against $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']. Maybe using darsyn/ip to handle IPs. You do not want to make an array of whitelisted IPs and use in_array().
- Sublogon10: Like Sublogon9, a Remote Administration Software, but written in PHP for Linux server. Maybe only for PHP 7, or also for PHP 5.3+? Using a standardized messaging protocol. The communication sould also be available embedded in HTTP to by-pass firewalls.
- Sublogon9: A Remote Administration Software written in Objective-C for Mac OS X 10.6+.
- Da Capo Cardgame written in Ruby as computer game.
- Wiener Linien API PHP Framework: A library like vietra but for PHP. See Open Government Wien.
- CannedEmails in German.
Music voting page: Like Billboard The Hot 100 but open for all people on the Internet. Everyone can vote what's the best music (ever).
Last update: 2017-06-15
Copyright © 2014 Christian Mayer